[keycloak-dev] new client type: "server"

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Thu Jan 30 05:20:55 EST 2014

I think it's a good idea to split the notion of client and application/service. Not sure I quite understand exactly what you are proposing would look like though.

We should gather requirements around "re-structuring" the model, and try to cover all basis. Some things to consider:

* WildFly (JavaEE deployments specifically) - how to best integrate with WildFly and JavaEE deployments
* non-JavaEE containers - can we provide a similar experience on non-JavaEE containers (LiveOak, Vert.x, etc.)
* Client types - service, html5, mobile, desktop
* Devices - phones, browsers, servers, computers
* Applications - resources that are accessed, so they don't need credentials. They don't have redirect uris, these should be associated with a client I think