[keycloak-dev] Remaining work and who does what for beta-4

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Wed Jul 16 10:12:15 EDT 2014

Now that the craziness of splitting the model is behind us I think we should figure out exactly what's left to do for beta-4, who's doing what and an estimated release date.

Here's the list of things I can come up with:

1. JPA UserRoleMappingEntity and UserEntity still have @ManyToOne to RoleEntity and RealmEntity respectively.
2. JPA and Mongo RealmEntity and UserEntity should be refactored to be attribute based as in the Hybrid model.
3. Credential validation, update needs to move from RealmModel to UserProvider.
4. Sync support in UserProvider
5. LDAP implementation for 4
6. Access code work (reducing code size, email link size, single-use code, etc.)
7. Pagination support for users
8. Improve delete of users

My vote is yes to all above!

Also, a couple of things we should consider:

9. Add generic configuration for providers, including the ability to configure any providers through the admin console
10. Have KeycloakSession bound to a specific realm

My suggestion is:

* Bill - works on sync support in UserSession
* Marek - works on LDAP implementation for sync
* Stian - I can either get started on 9 and 10, or scrape of the rest. Depends on whether or not we decide to do them or not.

If we're going to have a chance of releasing 1.0.final in August, I think we should aim at having beta-4 (with an actual code freeze!) towards the end of July. We'll need at least 1 month to do tests, security audit, update docs, etc.

Also, I'm away 13 days and Marek is away 8 days in August!