[keycloak-dev] Provider config

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Tue Jul 22 11:57:37 EDT 2014

In my private fork, I pulled getProviderFactory methods from
DefaultKeycloakSessionFactory up to KeycloakSessionFactory methods.
Then defined my own specialized create methods.  I don't use
KeycloakSession.getProvider() anymore.

>> I honestly don't want a generic "provider" admin console page where you
>> generically configure the providers.  I think it is a mistake.  We're
>> supposed to be making things easier and we should be making tailored
>> console pages for what we ship out of the box.
>
> What about we allow configuring specific SPIs in the correct place, but still use a form that is populated with labels/inputs from the providers ConfigOptions?

LDAP config already doesn't fit into pure labels/inputs.  IMO, rendering
information belongs in HTML :)