[keycloak-dev] federation commited need feedback

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Wed Jul 23 17:33:12 EDT 2014

First iteration is commited.  I still have a lot to do.

* AuthenticationProvider currently co-exists with Federation.  I will
delete it after the review of FederationProvider.
* UserModel is proxied.  Some updates delegated to LDAP.  Need to expand.
* Still need to do admin console UI for federation
* Still need to implement search and other queries for LDAP
* Still need to test disjoint credential type storage.

Feedback on unimplemented features for LDAP:
* registration supported switch.
* Importing username and email will be required.  Everything else will
be optional.  That cool?
* Modes for federation will be:  READ_ONLY, SYNCED, and UNSYNCED.
SYNCED will update LDAP on demand. UNSYNCED will store changes locally
and require the user to handle synchronization themselves.
* Going to have an import-attributes on/off switch.  A keycloak->ldap
attribute map will be required to be configured.  If this switch is off,
UserModel proxy will load attributes on demand.

Questions:
* Is ExternalModelAuthProvider actually a feature requested by users?
I'd like to not have to do this.  At least for 1.0.