[keycloak-dev] Postpone TOTP SPI to after 1.0.final

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Tue Jul 29 08:51:09 EDT 2014

Due to there being quite a lot of work to do the required updates to properly do a TOTP SPI I propose we post-pone this to 1.1.0.

The work would include:

* A TOTP SPI
* Account management needs to support multiple TOTPs
* Select TOTP provider to configure if required to setup TOTP on login
* Select TOTP provider to use at login if user has multiple
* Configure what TOTP are permitted for a realm
* Remember TOTP option (don't ask for TOTP in 30 days on this machine)
* Email implementation (send a OTP through email)
* SMS implementation (use an example SMS cloud service to send OTP) - this would also require additional fields to registration
* At least one other TOTP implementation (FreeOTP and Yubikey)
* ...