[keycloak-dev] need feedback on pluggable fed console UI

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Tue Jul 29 18:42:56 EDT 2014

I'm kind of at a block with providing an SPI to plugin federation
provider console UIs.

I would need to:

1. Provide a way to dynamically load the javascript of the plug
- index.html could be processed with Freemarker or some other brute
force means to add the appropriate <script> elements
- Could add <script> tags within javascript (not sure about this, see
$routeProvider

2. $routeProvider can only be set up once it seems?  Function pointers
need to already be established for controllers.

3. We have to worry about name clashes with other admin console angular
components?

I'm just not sure I want to create a full-fledged "portlet" spi at this
late juncture.  My thinking is to hard code LDAP and any other provider
has to be configured through keycloak_server.json or via a generic
properties page.