[keycloak-dev] investigating caching

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Thu Jun 5 08:51:47 EDT 2014

I think I have a decent way of doing caching, but it is going to take a
refactoring of the Model API and KeycloakSession API so that caching can
be layered (i.e. that we can cache realms/apps, but not cache users).
For instance, the JPA adapter pretty much is hard-wired to have a loaded
entity before it makes queries like "select user where user.realm = ?
and user.name = ?".  We need to move things like user queries up to the
KeycloakSession level so that we can use things like
EntityManager.getReference() so that we're not making extra DB calls if
we need to query a user.