[keycloak-dev] Dynamically add new users/roles

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Tue Jun 17 03:17:52 EDT 2014

Hi Bruno,

yes it exists. You can use our model API to add new users and/or roles.
I can see that this is already used inside your UpsSecurityApplication
https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/blob/master/project-integrations/aerogear-ups/auth-server/src/main/java/org/aerogear/ups/security/UpsSecurityApplication.java#L25,
which is doing some modification to master realm with usage of this
model API. Note that you always need to wrap all calls to model API into
KeycloakTransaction as seen in this example.

For more reference on how to retrieve realm, and add users or roles, see
for example unit test here
https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/blob/master/model/tests/src/test/java/org/keycloak/model/test/AdapterTest.java#L241
(for adding user) and here
https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/blob/master/model/tests/src/test/java/org/keycloak/model/test/AdapterTest.java#L433