[keycloak-dev] why authenticate clients?

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Fri Mar 7 12:58:23 EST 2014

Okay, I think I've figured out why confidential clients are better.
Hacker could spoof the login page, obtain client credentials, in the
background have a script that performs the login flow.  With a public
client, the hacker would be able to get the access token as there is no
protection.  With a confidential client, the hacker would not have the
client credentials and would not be able to turn a code into a token.