[keycloak-dev] Thoughts on integration tests

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Fri Mar 14 09:19:08 EDT 2014

It should be possible to run our testsuite against different containers:

* Basic server - what we have now, for development
* WildFly distribution - run on CI with the appliance-dist
* EAP distribution - run on CI with WAR deployed to EAP
* AS7 distribution - run on CI with WAR deployed to AS7

It would also be nice to be able to run the testsuite when Keycloak is embedded into other projects (AeroGear and LiveOak).

Arquillian has recently released a Undertow container, and they already have containers for all of the above. By moving to Arquillian we should be able to fairly easily support running the testsuite against different containers. It would also make it easier to test the admin console as we'd get support for Graphene2 which makes it a lot easier to test ajax-based web apps.