[keycloak-dev] versioning of js packages

Viliam Rockai vrockai at redhat.com
Mon Mar 31 08:23:41 EDT 2014

Hey all,

We have a proposal solution already implemented in LO. We use this maven
plugin:
https://github.com/eirslett/frontend-maven-plugin

It just downloads node.js/bower/grunt and use it locally, no need to
install those on your system.
This is how we have it in the LO right now (it'll be changed in the
future):
https://github.com/liveoak-io/liveoak/blob/master/console/pom.xml#L143

Right now, we store 3rd party JS libs in git, too, but we can update
them using bower (run from maven). I would prefer to make this part of
the build process in the future.

Viliam