[keycloak-dev] Plan for final release

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Thu May 1 09:45:06 EDT 2014

What are the general plans for the final release in June. I think we need to finish of the crucial features asap for beta1, then have a release cycle each for performance, testing and security. What about the following release schedule:

* 12 May Beta1 - Feature freeze
* 19 May Beta2 - Performance
* 26 May Beta3 - Testing
* 2 June RC1 - Security
* 16 June Final

With regards to Beta1 what are the outstanding required features? Those I can think of are:

* Brute force protection - what's the status on this?
* Import/export - Marek has started work on this
* Logout everything through acct mngmt - invalidate grants, refresh tokens, cookies, etc for user
* Dependencies for EAP - including support for Resteasy 2.3.6
* Two WARs bootstrapping example for AeroGear
* LDAP integration - Marek is pretty much done with this

Lower priority features:

* Email on events - email user/admin on various events, for example if brute force protection suspects someone is trying to hack the account
* Social login remember me
* Single-sign out for JS adapter
* Add realm option to enable/disable "Resource Owner Password Credentials Grant"
* Filter what events are audited
* Expose/Embed Version information