[keycloak-dev] Account management requirements for beta1

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Thu May 1 10:14:47 EDT 2014

Yes, it should log out from all applications and clients, but not all devices.

To confirm, resources to invalidate includes:

* Refresh tokens
* Identity cookie
* Remember-me cookie

What about when a user logs in we create a unique "login-code" for that device that is stored in the identity cookie. All refresh tokens and remember-me cookies are then associated with this code as well. A UserModel would have a list of valid "login-codes", and on a standard logout the "login-code" from the current identity cookie would be removed from the UserModel. This would invalidate all refresh tokens and cookies created for that particular device/browser.

In account management we'd have an additional option to log out everything. Doing this would set the notBefore on the UserModel to "now", as well as remove all "login-codes". This would invalidate all current refresh tokens and cookies for all devices/browsers.

With regards to OAuth Grants, as we don't currently remember what grants a user has given to a client I don't think we need to add anything in account management for it. Once we remember grants then we should also allow users to view and revoke grants.