[keycloak-dev] openid connect iframe logout

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Fri May 9 09:16:50 EDT 2014

Ok, I think I know why the ipframe technique exists:

Specifically to avoid network traffic.  From spec: " it is desirable to
be able to check the login status at the OP without causing network
traffic".

This could only work if our cookies were viewable in Javascript. (not
HttpOnly).  But just Google "steal cross domain cookies" and you'll see
why this just isn't a great idea.