[keycloak-dev] LiveOak and JavaEE libraries

Stan Silvert ssilvert at redhat.com
Fri May 16 08:23:28 EDT 2014

On 5/16/2014 4:04 AM, Bolesław Dawidowicz wrote:
> Yes, the intention is that LiveOak doesn't require JEE container. We
> started with pure netty container. Currently we deploy on WildFly for
> several reasons, also because of KeyCloak. However we want to start
> stripping it down as soon as WildFly Core is available.
I'm working on "Keycloak without servlets" right now.  The goal is to be
able to use Keycloak for the EAP console where servlets are verboten.
So far so good.

But it begs the question, "Since the Servlet API is mostly just a facade
on top of the Undertow API, why do we care if Keycloak is using the
Servlet API?"