[keycloak-dev] LiveOak and JavaEE libraries

Anil Saldhana Anil.Saldhana at redhat.com
Tue May 20 10:28:08 EDT 2014

On 05/16/2014 09:03 AM, Stan Silvert wrote:
> On 5/16/2014 9:43 AM, Bill Burke wrote:

>>> Also, I see that UndertowUserSessionManagement is using the servlet's
>>> HttpSession class.  But it probably should be using Undertow's Session
>>> class instead.
>>>
>>> My main point was to ask Boleslaw why it matters.  I think the technical
>>> arguments against using the Servlet API have gotten much weaker.
>> I haven't implemented a pure Undertow adapter yet.
>>
> I'm hacking on one right now, but I'm questioning if it will every
> really be needed.
In a REST world, I think a pure http driven approach is better compared
to relying on the servlet api. You see a lot of applications just
migrating to Netty based handlers rather than web applications. So what
you are trying to do: pure undertow adapter may be quite useful.

You can still use the web application/servlet API for Administration.
But for your REST endpoints, I would go with Undertow + REST framework
or Netty+REST.