[keycloak-dev] FYI: can't use token to auth admin console

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Fri May 23 10:46:08 EDT 2014

Too much kid stuff lately!  Sorry I haven't been productive past 2
days...But...

FYI: We can't use role mapping information in access token to authorize
admin console access.  This is because users may be creating new realms
which will update their role mappings on the fly with the new admin
roles created for that new realm.

What will happen is that the client id will be extracted from token and
authorization based on client scope and user role mappings will be done
dynamically.