[keycloak-dev] KC Auth Server Subsystem questions

Stan Silvert ssilvert at redhat.com
Sat Nov 1 08:46:46 EDT 2014

On 10/31/2014 4:51 PM, Bill Burke wrote:
> * What are the benefits of it.  Specifically.  I'll need to state this
> in the release blog.

  * Support auth-server running in a WildFly domain (It's possible
    today, but this makes it much easier).
  * Eliminate deployment from /deployments directory to make it a proper
    service instead of an ordinary app.
  * Eliminate need to explode or crack open auth-server.war. Keep it
    intact so it doesn't need to be hacked up.
  * Load user-provided overlays for keycloak-server.json, SPI jars, and
    theme jars.
  * Allow uploading the above from CLI (and eventually from Keycloak
    Admin console).
  * Allow more than one auth-server in a WildFly instance.

> * Where is the documentation for it?  Benefits, how to configure,
> manage?  How to add new providers?  Modify keycloak-server.json, etc...
Still working on the docs.  Stain brought up the point about
enabling/disabling confidential transport, which seems really
important.  So I'm adding that feature before I finish the docs.

> This can't be released or brought into the appliance until it is
> documented thoroughly.
Right.   Please don't merge until I'm done.   If I miss this release,
that's OK.  This is a pretty big change and I don't want to release it
until everyone is satisfied that it's ready.