[keycloak-dev] Programatic configuration

Bruno Oliveira bruno at abstractj.org
Tue Nov 25 06:22:22 EST 2014

Good morning, we've been discussing the following workflow on AeroGear:

First time

1. Developer create an UPS instance on OpenShift
2. Visit https://myups-abstractj.rhcloud.com/ag-push
3. The application automagically redirect to the configuration page the
with
options default or Custom — where default make use of the embbeded
Keycloak on UPS and custom our developer would be able to specify
another Keycloak instance (http://andresgalante.com/configuration/)
4. App changes the keycloak.json/ups-realm.json file based on the URL
provided.

Second time

1. Visit https://myups-abstractj.rhcloud.com/ag-push
2. The application check if some configuration already exists (default
or custom)
3. Redirect users to UPS login page or Keycloak login page. It pretty
much depends.

I would like to programatically change (via Java) `ups-realm.json`, `keycloak.json`
and `admin-ui-keycloak.json`. See
https://github.com/abstractj/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/commit/e8fc8461fea69801cc495127a88aff05a55c68cd#diff-356b0e49e775810162fd2be9110bb5f4R3

Possible alternatives off the top of my head:

1. Read/manipulate JSON files from the database and provide `keycloak.json` and
`admin-ui-keycloak.json` as a resource like Keycloak team did for JavaScript
https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/blob/master/services/src/main/java/org/keycloak/services/resources/JsResource.java
2. Dinamically generate to a shared place on WildFly `keycloak.json` and
`admin-ui-keycloak.json` files.

Do you have a better idea?

Thanks in advance.

--