[keycloak-dev] Programatic configuration

Bruno Oliveira bruno at abstractj.org
Tue Nov 25 08:35:58 EST 2014

Double checking to see if my understanding is correct. On UPS realm we
have 2 applications:

"applications": [
        {
            "name": "unified-push-server",
            "enabled": true,
            "bearerOnly": true
        },
        {
            "name": "unified-push-server-js",
            "enabled": true,
            "publicClient": true,
            "baseUrl": "/ag-push",
            "redirectUris": [
                "http://localhost:8080/ag-push/*"
            ]
        }
    ]

The only resource which requires to be modified dinamically is unified-push-server-js. So making
use of servlet listeners like Bill did in the past for UPS we have:

AdapterDeploymentContext deploymentContext = (AdapterDeploymentContext) sce.getServletContext().getAttribute(AdapterDeploymentContext.class.getName());
AdapterConfig config = new AdapterConfig();
config.setRealm("aerogear");
//Dinamically replaced
config.setRealmKey("MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA");
//Dinamically replaced
config.setAuthServerUrl("http://mydomain.com:8081/auth");
config.setResource("unified-push-server-js");
config.setSslRequired("external");
config.setPublicClient(true);
deploymentContext.updateDeployment(config);

Into this way we can remove unified-push-server-js from ups-realm.json,
right? One thing not totally clear is about Keycloak.js. Currently we
have something like:

Keycloak kc = new Keycloak('config/keycloak.json')

With the changed mentioned above, the JSON file is still required? Or
not necessary?

On 2014-11-25, Bill Burke wrote:

> [...]

abstractj
PGP: 0x84DC9914