[keycloak-dev] Features for 1.1

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Tue Sep 2 11:34:28 EDT 2014

I put them in my opinion of priority order

* Clustering
* SAML
* Uberfire Integration (BRMS)
* Fuse FSW
* JIRA Integration (for potential sso.jboss.org deployment).
* SPNEGO Kerberos, so we can integration with OpenIPA (also an
sso.jboss.org deployment requirement too) .
* Open ID Connect interoperability
* Tomcat Adapter
* Jetty Adapter
* Pure servlet adapter
* Node.js Adapter
* Internationalization
* TOTP improvements - we need a SPI to be able to add more multifactor
authentication mechanisms, as well as support for admins to register
totp tokens on behalf of users (hardware tokens)
* IP filtering, fail2ban features.

Clustering is an important deployment issue we have to solve.  The rest
are integration requirements we need to solve now so other Red Hat
projects can use Keycloak.  Internationalization, TOTP Improvements, and
other new features need to be put off until our integration efforts are
improved.