[keycloak-dev] PicketLink and KeyCloak Integration

Pedro Igor Silva psilva at redhat.com
Tue Sep 2 14:16:03 EDT 2014

Hey Guys,

    I've mentioned in a previous thread the work we are doing in PicketLink to support different token formats. One of the use cases we're considering is about consuming KeyCloak tokens.

    PicketLink is now able to consume tokens from KeyCloak in order to perform security checks. This is a very important step in order to combine all the functionalty provided by KeyCloak and PicketLink in a single application. With a minimal configuration and effort.

    From our last discussion, Bill said that we can have the integration code into the KeyCloak repository. If this is still true, I would like to start to prepare a PR to send all the code we need for this integration. The code is very simple and requires the usage of the KeyCloak API in order to properly parse tokens and information from them. Here is an example:

        https://github.com/pedroigor/jboss-wfk-quickstarts/tree/token-store-without-js/contacts-mobile-picketlink-secured/src/main/java/org/jboss/quickstarts/wfk/contacts/security/authentication

    The good news is that people is already asking for this :)

    Wdyt ?

Regards.
Pedro Igor