[keycloak-dev] Appliance dist and WildFly feature packs

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Tue Sep 16 08:34:21 EDT 2014

----- Original Message -----

Great :)

Are you providing this directly in Keycloak, or do you have it somewhere else?

> We need Stuart to implement a feature to solve issue #2 and I'm working
> on issue #3 right now so that we can properly install the auth server in
> a domain environment.
> > Further I'd like us to have two flavours of Keycloak:
> >
> > * "appliance-lite": minimum Keycloak server only dist. For those that want
> > a standalone Keycloak server. Builds on WildFly "web-lite" dist, but we
> > need to add Hibernate, RestEasy and Connectors (datasources) as well
> > * "appliance": full WildFly dist. For those that want to co-locate their
> > JavaEE apps with the Keycloak server. Builds on the full WildFly dist.
> We need to think long and hard about this one.  Do we really want two
> appliance downloads?

I think we'll want to at least have a standalone Keycloak server. However, only having that will make it harder for developers and also for anyone that wants to try our examples.

> The answer might come when the WildFly provisioning tool is finished.
> This is a tool that lets you "roll your own" server.  So it's possible
> that we rely on that.   One option might be that we let you download
> "appliance-lite" and then you use the provisioning tool to add other
> things you might want.
> > I've already tried to run Keycloak on WildFly 9.0.0.alpha1 web-lite and it
> > works fine. Only thing I had to do was to include RestEasy and Hibernate
> > jars in auth-server.war and configure the database directly in
> > keycloak-server.json instead of using a datasource.
> Right now it won't run on the web profile.  I've submitted a patch to
> WildFly, so that should be fixed in the next release.

What doesn't work? It seemed to work fine for me.