[keycloak-dev] Appliance dist and WildFly feature packs

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Wed Sep 17 03:26:51 EDT 2014

Let me clarify what I'm proposing. I'm not proposing any changes to the contents of the appliance-dist.zip. It'll still contain:

* keycloak
* examples
* ...

Although, maybe we should have a separate server only download (would be more handy for provisioning), but that's another issue.

What I'm proposing is we change how we build the 'keycloak' part. Also, that we have two flavours of it available. One built on the WildFly web-lite (so it would be ~30MB) and another built on the full WildFly (150MB+).

Actually, I think my preference would be to have two downloads:

* Everything zip (not sure appliance-dist is the best name) - this would have Keycloak with full WildFly, would also contain examples and documentations
* Standalone server - this would have a standalone Keycloak server with web-lite WildFly