[keycloak-dev] loading keycloak-server.json

Stan Silvert ssilvert at redhat.com
Thu Sep 25 15:42:35 EDT 2014

Anyone have a problem with adding a param to this loadConfig() method?
https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/blob/master/services/src/main/java/org/keycloak/services/resources/KeycloakApplication.java#L106

If keycloak-server.json is loaded from the Keycloak subsystem then it
will come in through the ServletContext as a String.  So I want to pass
in the ServletContext.

The reason I ask is because this is a public method.  It looks like it
is only public because a test tool wants to call it.
https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/blob/master/testsuite/tools/src/main/java/org/keycloak/test/tools/KeycloakTestApplication.java#L25

Would anyone in the real world ever call loadConfig()?  Should it really
be public?

I can change the method to package private and change the package of the
test tool to match.  That's the way I've always handled it when a test
class absolutely must call a non-public method.

Comments?