[keycloak-dev] Remove IDM entirely or keep Picketlink federation provider?

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Wed Apr 8 17:05:51 EDT 2015

Sure. For option 2 I meant to remove the PL IDM dependencies from
distribution, but just keep the example with federation provider, which
will be installed on demand (just if someone needs to migrate his PLIDM
DB to Keycloak).

But for now, I've just forked needed Picketlink IDM code into
federation/ldap module and removed PL IDM dependencies. I've created
separate JIRA for migration, so we can look at it later when it's
required: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-1198

I've removed some Picketlink IDM layers like PartitionManager,
IdentityManager etc and keep just LDAP Identity store. There is still
space to remove more abstractions though. I will need to re-visit it
again anyway during work on LDAP enhancements.

I did not remove picketlink dependencies from packaging as it seems they
are still needed by SAML. At least SAML examples are still using
Picketlink libraries on SP side. Are we going to fork SAML SP code as well?

Marek