[keycloak-dev] Spring Security for Keycloak Contribution

Scott Rossillo srossillo at smartling.com
Mon Apr 20 19:02:28 EDT 2015

Hi,

There are two different approaches here. The project I mentioned still relies on a Keycloak adapter being present in the servlet container. It’s not quite the final product I need but it would be useful to people who can declare their protected resources in web.xml.

What I’m working on now is a Keycloak adapter-less Spring Security integration. Basically, it’s a Keycloak Spring Security Adapter that can stand on it’s own and protect resources based on the Spring Security configuration. It’s this latter implementation that I believe has the most value.

Question for you: Do you want to see both approaches covered or is one approach more in line with the Keycloak project’s goals?

In my option, the latter, Keycloak Spring Security Adapter, is of more value, but please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks in advance,
Scott