[keycloak-dev] groups vs. organizations

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Mon Aug 3 14:13:31 EDT 2015

On 8/3/2015 1:40 PM, Scott Rehorn wrote:

> Here's a possible summary:
> Groups:
> * have names
> * can contain other groups
> * can carry a 'schema' which represent available attributes (more generally, claims)
> * support mapping and aggregation from IdP-defined groups
> * can be assigned roles
>
> So user in a group gets that group's attributes, role associations, sub-group's role associations, sub-group's attributes.

Can you define "support mapping and aggregation from IdP-defined
groups"?  Wouldn't this be something configured at each IDP rather than
in a group?  The IDP would define a mapper that looked at some claim,
then associate the user with a Keycloak defined group based on the
claim...right?

I was also thinking that we might remove client roles and just move them
to groups.  Migration would be that a group is created for each client
that has a set of roles defined.  We have a few users that want to share
a set of roles between different clients.