[keycloak-dev] Remove address from registration and account management by default

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Thu Aug 13 13:00:34 EDT 2015

On 13.8.2015 17:33, Stan Silvert wrote:
>> As highlighted by the UXP team the registration screen is not very nice. I propose we remove the address fields from the registration and account management. Instead we should have an example theme that shows adding additional fields to the screens.
> Could you also get rid of First Name and Last Name?  Why are they
> required fields?
>
> Incidentally, to properly localize the account management screen to
> China, you would put the Last Name before the First Name.   As I
> understand it, putting the given name before the family name can be
> considered disrespectful.  So it might be a bad thing to have those
> fields hard-coded anyway.
Question is where exactly is the border between "basic" and "advanced"
info :-)

To me, first name and last name belongs to "basic" info and 90% of
deployments want it here IMO. If someone really doesn't want firstName
and lastName or he wants them in different order, he can edit theme file
by himself and do whatever he want.