[keycloak-dev] Implementing database-service example in Python

Vinay Anantharaman vinayan3 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 15:42:39 EDT 2015

I'll be looking into this and will report back if a library exists for
Python to read JWT tokens.

I was wondering is there an API on the KeyCloak server for doing JWT token
verification? Or rather should we decode the token and use the REST admin
endpoints if we need to query more information?

Vinay

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 9:05 AM, Bill Burke <bburke at redhat.com> wrote:

> If you're interested in becoming a contributor Vinay, this would be a
> very useful extension!
>
> BTW, we also have a "lightweight" Java Security HTTP Proxy based on
> Undertow that you can use to secure python apps.

> > Afraid we don't have any libraries for Python yet.
> >
> > Simply verifying the token should be relatively straight forward though.
> It's a standard JWT token (base64 encoded json) with a JWS signature. You
> can look at RSATokenVerifier to see what details should be verified
> (expiration date, issuer, etc..). You also need to verify the signature.
> There may quite likely be JWT libraries for Python you can use.

Vinay Anantharaman