[keycloak-dev] Abstract SMS support

Thomas Raehalme thomas.raehalme at aitiofinland.com
Tue Aug 18 08:56:36 EDT 2015

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 3:35 PM, Bill Burke <bburke at redhat.com> wrote:

> Sure, the interface would be simple to implement, but nevertheless it
>> requires a customization to the install and Keycloak no longer works
>> out-of-the-box.
>>
>> I'm not saying the interface should not be there, but that it would be
>> great to also have a simple HTTP implementation available.
>>

> From what I've researched, most of these simple services you have to pay
> for.  There's an OSS SMS proxy and library you can integrate and test. But
> that's it.

In my opinion a perfect solution would be a template/keywords based HTTP
implementation where the user can configure endpoint URL and Keycloak will
find-and-replace keywords such as ${phone} and ${message}. That's easy to
test.

Then whoever wants to use SMS needs to purchase a service which provides
simple enough HTTP API, or write their own implementation of the Keycloak
interface Stian suggested.

Best regards,
Thomas