[keycloak-dev] refactored admin reset email and required actions

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Mon Aug 31 07:06:15 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----

The admin console could do either - set a password (and choose if it was temporary or not) as well as send a reset password link

> When I get back, I'm also going to change the admin console behavior and
> look too.  Instead of a "Reset Password Email" button on Credentials
> tab, there will be a button next to the Required Actions selection box
> on user detail, something like "Email Required Actions"  (I need a
> better name).  Clicking on this button will send an email to user

This isn't the correct approach IMO. What we used to have was the ability for an admin to send an email to a user to allow the user to recover the password. It wasn't a required action, just something the user could do if they needed to. I think how it worked before was much clearer to end users, also credentials tab is the correct place for "recovering password".