[keycloak-dev] scope and client templates

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Thu Dec 17 06:24:23 EST 2015

Why not real example? I can imagine that in some deployments, people
have some set of "global" roles, which should be available in each
access token issued to any client.

I imagine that in most cases, all those global roles will be defined in
same role namespace. So if we later have a way to specify: "I want all
roles from namespace foo://global/* to be put to scope of clientX" that
should be probably fine too. But IMO we need to avoid situation, when
admin needs to manually add 50 global roles to the scope of each newly
created client.

Btv. I am not sure why service needs to be added to any client template?
Service (bearer-only client) doesn't have it's own access token, so it
doesn't need any shared protocol mappers or scopes. We already have both
tabs "Mappers" and "Scopes" hidden from bearer-only clients. Shouldn't
we also hide the "Client Template" from client settings of bearer-only
client?

Marek