[keycloak-dev] WildFly integration (READ ME!)

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Tue Feb 3 04:08:50 EST 2015

All,

We have a few decisions to make in the not so far future. I'm away from Thursday, so let's have a hangout when I get back on the 17th February if that works for everyone.

The list of things to discuss includes:

* Drop keycloak-server.json - Should we drop our own configuration file and use DMR (standalone.xml)

* Keycloak CLI - Should we create our own or use WildFly CLI

* Admin operations exposed over DMR - Should we expose none, some or all admin operations over DMR? If we expose all should we deprecate the current REST endpoints?

* Packaging/distribution - How do we distribute Keycloak? Options:
  - Full WildFly
  - Core/web WildFly
  - Overlay/installer/feature-pack to install to existing WF and EAP
  - WAR bundle

* How should we deal with providers, themes and keycloak-server.json in domain-mode

* MSC all the way - We can deploy directly through the Undertow sub-system instead of deploying a WAR from the sub-system

* Split sub-systems - Should we split the sub-system in two? One for the auth-server and another for the adapter

* Deployable to other containers - Should it be possible to deploy Keycloak to Tomcat, Jetty, Fuse, etc..? One option could be to have reduced features in other containers (for example no client-cert)

Please add any other relevant topics.

Next big discussion I want to have is about distribution of adapters, but let's do one at a time ;)