[keycloak-dev] Kerberos progress

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Wed Feb 11 15:38:42 EST 2015

I am not understanding how you have implemented this.  Wouldn't kerberos
just be an authentication mechanism that the auth server uses?  I don't
understand why you would want special configuration at the adapter
level.  This should all be configured at the auth server so that the
application doesn't have to know if kerberos is used or not.

Wouldn't it be:

1. App does regular SAML or OIDC redirect to auth server
2. Auth server checks to see if realm supports kerberos
3. Sends 401 + HTML
4. Browser sends back ticket
5. Auth server verifies ticket, creates SAML or OIDC response and
redirects browser back to application