[keycloak-dev] Claims Mapping and Identity Federation

Pedro Igor Silva psilva at redhat.com
Fri Feb 20 18:20:15 EST 2015

----- Original Message -----

AFAIK these are about how you interpret attributes. I think you can just ignore that in this case. You are more interested in map names than deal on how they should be interpreted. Users will probably know what they are mapping.

> Then "Friendly Name" is optional.

Yeah it is optional, but you can have something like that:

  <saml:Attribute
          NameFormat="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:attrname-format:uri"
          Name="urn:oid:1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.26"
          FriendlyName="mail">

In this case, it is much easier to use FriendlyName when mapping than what is in Name. See, here there is an usage of NameFormat, in this case uri. We can just ignore ...

If I'm correct about what you are doing, users will just say:

Get "mail" from SAML Assertion and create a "email" claim in Keycloak.