[keycloak-dev] Simple mode?

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Mon Feb 23 11:28:10 EST 2015

Conversations with jboss.org guys got me thinking.  Should we have a
"simple mode" for Keycloak where there is no concept of a client,
application, or roles?  In this case,

* applications don't need session mgmt or single log out
* All applications are hosted under the same domain i.e  *.jboss.org
(issues.jboss.org, forums.jboss.org, etc...)
* applications just need to know if 1) the user is logged in, 2) the
username/id

So, "simple mode" would be:

* No applications/client panel
* No role pages anywhere
* Realm would have a global javascript referable cookie that contained
basic information (userid, username, full name).  The domain and path
would be configurable from admin console
* Realm would have a list of valid redirect URI patterns.
* Realm would have a default redirect page for unsolicited logins.