[keycloak-dev] Simple mode?

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Tue Feb 24 07:58:59 EST 2015

> -1000
>
> I can't see how this would help jboss.org guys? They have most complex deployment out there.

Not RHT IT!  They have a complex setup.  jboss.org guys are different.

> As fair as other JBoss projects go and allowing them to embed Keycloak into their projects, this is along the lines of what I proposed. Although this is proposing to change the behaviour of Keycloak not just remove features.
>
> For other users I don't see the use-case. We should instead focus on making sure Keycloak has the required features and is easy to use.

They have a performance issue.  The redirects and processing required
just to login (or to check a login) is pretty large for them for pages
where a login really isn't important and all these pages are interested
in is 1) is the user logged in 2) what is their userid/full name so they
can link to a profile page.  These pages have zero need for a token or
session management.

Bill