[keycloak-dev] Internationalization for model data

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Tue Feb 24 08:44:14 EST 2015

There's data stored in a bunch of places that should be
internationalized.  i.e. Role descriptions.  I was thinking for this
type of stuff, for both simplicity and ease of migration, we still
continue to input this type of metadata through one field.  Then if the
user wants to internationalize a piece of data, they just replace the
text with a property variable.

Role Description: "Admin access to main application"

could be replaced with

Role Description: "${role.admin.description}"

Then the variable 'role.admin.description' is just replaced with a
theme-based property.

This way, users dont' have to learn about internationalization until
when and if the need it, existing deployments will still just work, and
we don't have to expand our data model.