[keycloak-dev] Splitting subsystem into two

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Wed Jan 7 03:14:18 EST 2015

As I see it there's two reasons to split the subsystem in two:

a) Reduce size of adapter dl
b) Make it more obvious to users that there are two parts

I'm not convinced it's required to split into two subsystems for either of those. a) can be resolved by moving libs into modules and making sure we only include the required modules for the adapter. b) can be resolved by making sure we have a sensible error message if someone tries to start an auth-server with the adapter only dl.

So I reckon we don't split the subsystem, but leave as is. For 1.2.0.Beta1 we'll move all jars from the WAR into modules and make sure only the required modules are included in the adapter download.