[keycloak-dev] Device registration and verification

Pedro Igor Silva psilva at redhat.com
Thu Jan 8 18:09:47 EST 2015

Hi,

   I was wondering if we can support device registration and verification during login as follows:

       1) Users can enable/disable behavior in admin console for a specific realm.
       2) After a successful login, KC checks if the user's device is known. For instance, Browser and Operating System.
       3) If not recognized, KC shows a page asking user if he wants to enable the device.
       4) KC sends an email to user with a code.
       5) When trying to login again, user must provide the code to register the new device and get authenticated.
       6) For now on, users can authenticate without asking for permission if using the same device.

   Any thoughts ?

Regards.
Pedro Igor