[keycloak-dev] Keycloak in JBoss projects

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Fri Jan 9 01:25:02 EST 2015

On 8.1.2015 11:25, Stian Thorgersen wrote:
> There's a lot of JBoss projects already integrating or looking at using Keycloak:
>
> * AeroGear UPS
> * LiveOak
> * RTGov
> * Hawt.io
> * Fabric8
> * Fuse
> * S-RAMP
> * APIMan
> * ...
>
> I think now is the time to make sure we can provide the best and consistent experience for all projects. With that regards there's improvements we can make:
>
> * Embeddable Keycloak - provide a slimmed down profile of Keycloak that can easily be embedded into existing projects. The big question here is should we support deploying to other containers than WildFly? I reckon as long as projects support other projects and we want to be the main auth solution we do. I'd hate to see projects having to provide alternative mechanisms themselves to continue to support Tomcat for example
+1

I think that at least some basic support of auth-server on other
containers would be good. For example, if I am site administrator with
my applications running on Jetty in production, then I would look for
SSO/OIDC solution, which would run on Jetty too. Having my apps on Jetty
and auth-server on separate WF/EAP6 is overkill. Many tomcat/jetty/etc.
based deployments would go for different sso than keycloak due to this imo.

Maybe it could be really some slimmed down solution, which won't support
all the features (like CLI for example). As long as it allows add/remove
providers and themes and configure them through keycloak-server.json, it
should be ok imo.

As first thing, it seems that we may need osgi bundling of auth-server
running on jetty server on fuse/karaf. Currently hawtio and fuse
integration always requires external keycloak, which is a bit
limiting... It's something I can look into in near future (likely after
finish kerberos and other features with bigger priority).

Marek