[keycloak-dev] A disabled user receives a confusing info message, if he tries to reset his password

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Mon Jan 12 04:45:49 EST 2015

This is intentional. If we provide specific error messages on reset password it can be used to find out whether or not a username/email is valid. Same applies to login, instead of saying invalid username it just says invalid username or password.

As an improvement we could extend the message to say if you haven't received a message within a certain time, then retry or contact an admin/support.