[keycloak-dev] Keycloak Wildfly adapter question

Nguyen, Dinh dnguyen at ciena.com
Tue Jan 13 12:43:53 EST 2015

Hi all,
I already have Wildfly 8.1.0.Final installed, and try to install Keycloak war distribtion 1.1.0.Beta2. When deploying the client  Keycload Wildfly adapter dist 1.1.0.Beta2 to Wildfly, I notice that the adapter overrides the some Wildfly module file to use different jar file than the one provided by Wildfly. In particular,
1.            the file ../modules/system/layers/base/org/jboss/as/cli/main/module.xml is replaced to use wildfly-cli-1.0.0.Alpha12.jar instead of the provided file  wildfly-cli-8.1.0.Final.jar.
2.            The file ../modules/system/layers/base/org/jboss/aesh/main/module.xml is replaced to use aesh-0.33.12.jar instead of the Wildfly provided file ash-0.33.11.jar
My question are:
1.            What is the difference of the Wildfly provided jar files and the Keycloak ones?
2.            Why Keycloak uses a different files than the one provided by the Wildfly distribution?
3.            Is there any impact if I uses the Wildfly provided jar files instead of the Keycloak one?
Thanks.