[keycloak-dev] Slow Direct Grants API endpoint

Daniel Baxter daniel.baxter at cira.ca
Wed Jan 14 09:01:17 EST 2015

I am working with our ops team to configure 1.1.x with the same level of hardware as our development 1.0.4 system (right now it is running locally on a XEON workstation with piles of RAM).

Both are connected to postgres databases and I am the only person working on this portion of the project so it is just 1 user at a time right now for 1.1.x. I have tested the database connection and there is no real discernable performance irregularities for anything that runs against that database.

For Keycloak itself, it is mostly straight out of the box appliance install for both 1.0.4 and 1.1.x and it runs on a single machine for development use (I believe our prod deployment is/will be clustered). The performance I am seeing is timeable on a stop watch for 1.1 and near enough to instant for 1.0.4 (under 500 ms). Easily an order of magnitude. Given the response I got (regarding the unexpectedness of the slow behaviour) I want to make sure I have a completely fair comparison and am working to set up 1.1 on a dedicated development server to make the comparison completely fair.

- Daniel