[keycloak-dev] What is ServerVersionResource used for?

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Fri Jan 16 09:04:54 EST 2015

Helps with versioning for clients that are interacting with semi-public
auth servers.  This is no different than a web server sending that it is
"Apache" or "IIS" or "JBoss Web" or "Tomcat".

Script kiddies will run scripts to figure out the version anyways.  You
really aren't slowing them down much by removing the ServerVersionResource