[keycloak-dev] [keycloak-user] Location of User Federation Provider jar in Keycloak 1.1 Beta-2

Stan Silvert ssilvert at redhat.com
Fri Jan 16 09:20:18 EST 2015

> Currently, I'm not overly happy with releasing 1.1.0.Final and it's down to this issue. I should have raised it before, but it completely slipped my mind :(
We did talk about this at great length before.   I tried and tried to
preserve the "drop it in the file system" approach.  It just plain won't
work for domains.

> IMO we need:
>
> 1. A usable way to deploy a provider without using the CLI GUI
> 2. Ideally be able to deploy a provider with an offline server
We have 5 ways to add a provider:
1. CLI
2. CLI GUI
3. CLI script
4. Explode the WAR in the subsystem and drop it in WEB-INF/lib
5. Use the war dist and do it the old way.

Why are these not sufficient?