[keycloak-dev] [keycloak-user] Location of User Federation Provider jar in Keycloak 1.1 Beta-2

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Fri Jan 16 09:42:54 EST 2015

On 1/16/2015 9:20 AM, Stan Silvert wrote:
>> Currently, I'm not overly happy with releasing 1.1.0.Final and it's down to this issue. I should have raised it before, but it completely slipped my mind :(
> We did talk about this at great length before.   I tried and tried to
> preserve the "drop it in the file system" approach.  It just plain won't
> work for domains.
>>
>> IMO we need:
>>
>> 1. A usable way to deploy a provider without using the CLI GUI
>> 2. Ideally be able to deploy a provider with an offline server
> We have 5 ways to add a provider:
> 1. CLI
> 2. CLI GUI
> 3. CLI script
> 4. Explode the WAR in the subsystem and drop it in WEB-INF/lib
> 5. Use the war dist and do it the old way.

6. Create a module for your new provider.  Import that module (with
service import too) into the main Keycloak module.  Of course this
requires knowledge of JBoss Modules.  Not sure if this would work.  You
tell me.

BTW, come to think of it, this upload through CLI just won't work, if
the provider has even one third-party library dependency.

Stan, can you explain again the issue with domain mode?  Is it that
you're trying to secure the domain controller itself with keycloak?