[keycloak-dev] [keycloak-user] Location of User Federation Provider jar in Keycloak 1.1 Beta-2

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Fri Jan 16 12:25:18 EST 2015

On 16.1.2015 17:41, Stan Silvert wrote:
> [...]
>>> 2. CLI GUI
>>> 3. CLI script
>>> 4. Explode the WAR in the subsystem and drop it in WEB-INF/lib
>>> 5. Use the war dist and do it the old way.
>> 1-3. If the CLI was easy to use that would work, except we also need to be able to do it offline.
> We can ship a script that makes this task a little easier as you suggest
> below.
>
> As for offline, I don't understand what the problem is.  You mentioned
> docker, which I haven't looked at much.  Why can't you have an image
> that was created from an overlaid Keycloak server?
>>    I don't really like the deployment overalys as it all feels a bit magical and black boxed.
> Don't you think it's better than telling them to hack our WAR?
>> 4.   I hate this - the user shouldn't have to explode the WAR and also it's in a really strange place for a user to find
> I hate it too.  I almost wish I hadn't implemented exploded mode.  I
> re-verified that it is working, btw.
I don't hate it as it provides at least "some way" to add providers in
offline mode. It allows scripting too as there are just 2 commands
needed in shell to unzip the WAR and copy the provider here. The
locations sucks, but still.... it's better then force users to use CLI ;-)

Marek