[keycloak-dev] Looking for a workaround...

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Mon Jan 26 07:54:46 EST 2015

----- Original Message -----

This is a tricky one - we can't ignore the state variable as that would make it vulnerable.

We could probably come up with an alternative way to generate and verify state variable though. Could be a HMAC for example.

> - Login attempt after "Login user action lifespan" leads to "Invalid username
> or password." ( https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-1015 )

I agree that the error message is not very good, but I disagree with removing the expiration. Why not increase it to say 30 min? That's probably a more sensible timeout for reset password as well.